Razor scooters have an edge over the classic scooters because they are battery operated. It also gives you a smooth and quiet ride along with ample speed. There are many versions of Razor scooters suitable for each clan of people – be it adults, kids or teenagers. Razor Electric Scooter, Razor MX Dirt Bike, Pocket Rocket, Pocket Mod, Go Kart, Drifter, Dirt Quad, Dune Buggy all operate on batteries which are easily available.
Utmost care must be taken when using Razor scooter batteries. If the power switch is left on for long period of time, then it might reach a stage when it will no longer hold charge. The life of the battery depends on how carefully it is used.
The Razor battery chargers, that are also easily available are Class 2, UL Listed battery chargers made especially for the Razor electric scooter models. There are 2 kinds of voltage outputs: either they are 24 V battery charger or 36V battery charger.
Most of Razor’s products work on 24 volt charger. Only MX500 and MX650 dirt bikes work on 36 volt battery. The important difference between the battery chargers is marked on the charger label. And helps to determine the correct Razor charger you will need for your Razor product.
The available razor battery charger outputs are below:
* 24V / 1000mA (which means 24 volts / 1.0 Amps)- works for Razor e100 series scooters (e100, e125, e150, e175).
* 24V / 1500mA (which means 24 volts / 1.5 Amps)- works for all of Razor’s electric scooters, go karts and ride-on’s but not for the e100 series scooters and the MX500/MX650 Dirt Bikes.
* 36V / 1670mA (which means 36 Volt / 1.67 Amps)- works for Razor’s 24 volt electric products including some Razor electric scooters, Pocket Mods, Pocket Rockets, Go Karts, Quads, Dune Buggies, etc.
Certain guidelines to be followed while using Razor chargers and batteries:
· Plug the battery charger into scooter before you plug it to the wall. When charging is complete, first unplug the charger from the wall outlet before you unplug from scooter.
· Recharge after every ride.
· Recharge the storage batteries at least once in every 3 months.
· its rated Voltage level within a few minutes after being discharged then it is usually considered defective or worn out.
· To increase the life of the batteries use a slow rate battery charger whenever possible.
Razor products thus come as a full package. 12 volt 20ah battery